egcs problem - see files

In message <004801be6ce0$f70f4600$e43113d0@vodon.jetlink.net>, Spud
<spud@has.a.godcomplex.com> writes
>    I had a similar problem. Try linking your egcs compiler to gcc. Its in
>/usr/bin, i believe.
>ln -sf egcs<name> gcc

What is <name>? I did ls eg* in /usr/bin and it gave me egcs.

Anyhow, I did ln -sf egcs gcc in /usr/bin and then ran ldconfig -v and
rm'ed config.cache from gnome-obj directory for good measure, re-ran and
I still get the error!

Below is my /etc/ld.so.conf and ~/.bash_profile so see if there's
anything amiss there. Oh, and the last bit of the config.log is also
there...

config.log:
configure:4954: checking for egcs
configure:5063: checking for sched_yield
configure:5091: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -I/usr/X11R6/include -
I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/local/include  conftest.c  1>&5
configure:5154: checking if Objective C compiler (egcs) works

conftest.m:1: objc/Object.h: No such file or directory

ld.so.conf:
/usr/lib
/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/local/lib
/usr/etc/gtk

I know the last line was in desperation trying to get the now fixed gtk
to work ;-)

~/.bash_profile:
# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
        . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/local:/usr/local/bin:/etc/ppp/scripts
ENV=$HOME/.bashrc
USERNAME="root"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

export USERNAME ENV PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

mesg n

--
James Green