Re: gftp backtrace

> one more question...
> say I want to copy text out of an Xterm or some other terminal window
> and into...well...anything.
> most importantly a netscape mail window, but really anything.
> any tips?

the X selection works like this:

Select the text you want to copy, by pressing mouse button 1 (the
leftmost one) and drag the mouse pointer over the text you want to
select. You can see the selection, as the selected text gets inverted.

Then move to your mail program and press the middle button if you have
one, otherwise try pressing both the right and left buttons at once
(that can be a bit tricky if you're not used to it.)

That should paste the text into your mail program.

Another way to select and copy text from an xterm: press the left
button where you want to start the selection. Press the right button
where you want the selection to end. This way is nice if you want to
copy lots of text and have to scroll to see it all. Then scroll back,
press left button, scroll to the end, and press the right button. Then
paste it where you want it with the middle (or both right and left)
button.

Richard