[Fwd: No panel apps or control center]

I've solved the problem!!!

For some reason some CORBA bits of gnome 1.0 think they've
been installed in /opt/gnome.  My install is in /usr/local.
Just do:

mkdir /opt/gnome
ln -s /usr/local/share /opt/gnome/share
ln -s /usr/local/etc /opt/gnome/etc

And all should work OK - the problem was that capplets
and applets couldn't find their .gnorba files which are
in /opt/gnome/etc.

All works like a dream now!  Pleae feel free to forward
this to the gnome-list - I'm not currently subscribed to it.

regards

Edd.