Re: win98 doesn't boot after Gnome install!!!

I agree that this certainly NOT a Gnome problem...but we'll help you fix it
anyway.:)

The general format for using lilo to boot multiple OSs is:

------- /etc/lilo.conf -------
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36-0.7
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hda1
        read-only
other=/dev/hda2
        label=win95
        table=/dev/hda
------- /etc/lilo.conf -------

I don't remember (/want to remember?) if this works with NT.  Also, this
generic config won't work if you have any of the linux root partition
extending past approx. 540MB from the beginning disk.

Was the floppy you used to boot linux before a disk with just lilo, or did it
have the entire kernel?

As a general policy, I make a 100MB root at the beginning of the disk for
linux root, then install other OSs beyond that, along with other linux
partitions.  This avoids complexities of booting.

Sorry, if I missed something important that was mentioned in a past
message...I've been hitting the delete key quite frequently with messages that
have a Windows subject line.

BK

Quoting Tom Barraza (tbarraza@qfr.com):