Re: Bug#666: gmc Properties diealog segfaults

On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 03:53:11PM -0600, Miguel de Icaza was heard to say:

> I am starting to think that you have a very broken setup, because none
> of those bug happen here.
>
> Perhaps you have stale gnome-libs or old object files?
>
> In the case of the metdata, it looks corrupted, can you rm
> ~/.gnome/metadata.db?
>
> Miguel.

  I deleted the metadata.  I can try nuking all my Gnome stuff and rebuilding
from scratch; that'll take about 24 hours on my machine so you won't get a
quick answer ;-)  I think I've only got two or three sets of builds lying
around, though.

  -- Actually, now that I think about it, there's one big potential
culprit, I just upgraded my libc and compiler; I did a complete rebuild of
Gnome afterwards but I may have older libraries hanging around.  Hmm.  I think
I may try the compile-from-scratch method and post the results.

  Deleting ~/.gnome/metadata.db eliminated the warnings and the
Properties-dialog crash.  I'm still getting crashes when I delete one file and
then try to delete another, though.

  Daniel

--
  Whoever created the human body left in a fairly basic design flaw.  It has a
tendency to bend at the knees.

             -- Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_