Re: Menu...

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 07:53:04AM -0000, David Puryear was heard to say:
> Hi all,
>
> I think I mentioned this a while a go, but gnome-menu has same feature still.
> This feature is editing of systems-menu by joe average user, which you can't. I
> know this is what was intended, but as joe average user, I should be able to
> have my own custom copy of system-menu. This way, if I want to edit it, I don't
> have to be a root.
>
> IMHO, any UI that a joe average user uses should be chaneable by that user. And
> I consider gnome-menu to be an UI.
>
>         Thanks,
>         David

  There was a thread a while [ a long while ] ago called
"My Little Wish List for Gnome" (I think).  It turned into a discussion of
how to design menus, and I believe we ended up with a consensus about a possible
implementation that solves this very cleanly.  Unfortunately, I haven't heard
about it for a couple of months and I didn't get around to doing anything with
it.  I know someone was working on it.  Has it gone anywhere?

  I think that it is the Right Way of handling this at some future point and
if it's stalled we should perhaps revive it now? ;-)

  Daniel

--
  Whoever created the human body left in a fairly basic design flaw.  It has a
tendency to bend at the knees.

             -- Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_