building CVS gtk

Hey all ... this has stumped me for a couple days now ...

I am having a problem building gtk from CVS. Something in
autogen.sh isn't working. I think the first error is a missing
macro, AM_LC_MESSAGES I think ... I went through and installed the
latest versions I could find of autoconf, automake, gettext, libtool,
and no changes ...

any other thoughts ...

This is the only  one that causes autogen.sh problems so far. glib
went fine, and imlib is fine except that gtk isn't installed ..

thanks

Michael