Re: a question of pronunciation

I just want to point out that anybody who sees the name is going to pronounce
it nohme...even if people know they should pronounce it guh-nome most will
still
say nohme because it's easier and more pleasing to the ear.  Why fight
it?  I'd
like to know the official position on this from the inner circle though.

BTW:  I always pronounce GNU the same as new and linux almost rhymes
with tin-sucks.