gftp

I am having big troubes with gftp..... I just downloaded all of the latest
1.0.1 rpms yesterday and installed them and gftp for some reason hangs up
my machine alltogether. it opens fine but as soon as I try to connect to
anything, it just chokes X. the only thing I can do is ctrl-alt-bksp and
dump out of X. I am clueless. Also, when I launch gtcd, i get a huge window
that comes up with the title of my cd in the title bar but my HD just gets
slammed as if things are swapping in and out of there like mad. the only
thing I can do, is open an xterm and wait for it (as gtcd brings my machine
to its knees) and do a ps and kill the gtcd process. what I don't get is
that the cd player applet for panel works fine but gtcd just kills me.

Helpless,
Neb