Re: sound-properties crash

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:47:57 -0500, Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu>
wrote:

>Package: control-center
>Version: CVS 03-21-99
>
>  If I repeatedly try to select and Play sound items for which the corresponding
>file does not exist, the program dies with:
>Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
>  serial 4225 error_code 9 request_code 62 minor_code 0
>
>  This happens the second time that I click Play on an option with a missing
>file and doesn't seem to be related to what I do in between (eg, playing options
>that -do- correspond to real files).  Sometimes I get a segmentation fault or
>some other badness after a window pops up momentarily obscuring the whole
>screen; for example:
>
>Illegal instruction

Well, first of all make sure you have the latest ORBit out of CVS, since it
fixes some unrelated problems.

This sounds like you have a bad compiler or something. The window that pops
up momentarily is the dialog that tells the user when they try to play a
non-existent file, which you should be seeing the first time you try the play
button.

It works for me here just fine, so now you need to figure out what is
different in your environment from RHL 5.2 + egcs 1.1.2 :-)

-- Elliot
Lbh'er fhccbfrq gb gel bar bs gubfr fvyyl EFN-va-guerr-yvarf .fvtangherf
ba guvf, svefg