gnome-terminal: "Entf"-key behaviour

Hello you,

I'm used to the usual behaviour of the Entf key. Usual means to me that it
deletes the character I'm at with the cursor and not the one that is left
to the cursor. I know, it's stupid, but it is just my habit by now to use
the Entf-key to edit commands from the history. So where can I change
this? Maybe I`ve got to play around with the classes of the terminal, but
what do I have to edit and where. I`ve got the latest gnome release on a
SuSE 6.0 system (glibc 2.0.7).

Thanks for your help,

Sebastian Weber