panel's panelrc and .gtkrc conflicts

There's seems to be some wierd conflict between .gtkrc and .gnome/panelrc.
Should it be the case that .gtkrc takes precedent over panelrc?  I think
at the moemnt, gtkrc takes precedence.  However, it only takes precedence
over certain things.  So what you get is some wierd combination of the
two.  Can anyone else try this and see if they get some odd combination of
the two?  The two I was using was Marble3D and RatsTheme.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/