Re: "undef. ref. to __va_copy"??

"PL. Miraglia" wrote:

> I'm trying to compile gnome-core 1.0.3. I've compiled everything else so
> far, but I'm using base gtk+, glib and imlib from recent RPMs. Gnome libs
> 1.0.4 is installed in /usr/local. Anyway, gcc terminates in gnome-core
> with this message:
>
> gsm-protocol.c:in function "commandv": undefined reference to __va_copy
>
> There is also another undefined ref error message about some other
> "__va_**" something ot other. Do you what is going on, and how to fix it?
> Thank you in advance
[snip]

The __va_copy reference comes from the egcs vararg.h header.  You are
getting it because the glib RPM you installed was compiled with egcs
and so, when the /usr/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h was created, it
included the line
	#define G_VA_COPY	__va_copy
because __va_copy was the correct configuration parameter on that
machine.

I suspect you could fix it either by using egcs to compile gnome-libs
or by rebuilding glib with your compiler.

============== http://members.home.net/dean-elhard ==================
Dean Elhard   \_____ dean_elhard@viasoft.com _____/ I'm a telepath...
 (not speaking for) \  dean-elhard@home.com /      Work it out...
   Viasoft Inc.      \_____________________/  - Bester, Babylon 5