Re: sound in Gnome

Thanks to all who responded, things look like they
(might) get where I'd like them to go soon...

My problems at the moment:

esd is running (from ps aux). I have issued an "esdctl unlock"
as root (though I think I don't need to do this -- I don't want
to execute sound from a remote host, which is what this seems
to allow... still, I guess it can't hurt much).

When I try "esddsp gqmpeg" (which is the app I'm trying to
run), It falls over with "libesddsp.so: can't load shared library"
errors.

The command "find / -name "libesddsp.*" -print" finds
libesddsp.so.0 and libesddsp.so.2.8 -- no libesddsp.so, so
no suprise it can't be found.

Linking either of these to libesddsp.so changes the error to
can't find libesd.so. Again, there's a .so.0 and a .so.2.8
on my system. Linking either of these to libesd.so causes
seg faults and core dumps.

Does anybody have more info on how to set these up properly?

	-Duncan

ps. When esd starts up it plays those beeps like you get at
the start of an audio cassette, so I guess it is starting
and using the sound Ok.