Re: why devel gtk+?

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:

> Out of curiosity, why are gnome-libs/gnome-core continuing to be developed
> with development versions of gtk?  I would think that you would wait till

They aren't, the 1.2.1 series is stable and binary compatible, as is the
Gnome 1.0 series. Things work fine with 1.2.0, you just can't change your
accelerator keys because of some glitch in 1.2.0. If you don't want to
change your accelerator keys, then there's no reason to upgrade.

There are no plans to start on an incompatible gnome-libs in the near
future. We are writing applications and stabilizing the desktop stuff
instead.

Havoc