Re: gnome-terminal problems

 >> On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 01:12:01PM -0500, Sam Steingold wrote:
 >> > I am reporting the bug here since bugs.gnome.org is dead.
 >> > gnome-terminal 1.0.3
 >> >
 >> > 1. when I use `less', the first page is displayed correctly, while the
 >> >    second in recerse video.
 >>
 >> Using the same version of gnome-terminalI don't have this problem.

sorry, forgot:

LESS='-M -c -d'
LESSCHARSET=koi8-r

 >> > 2. in xterm, I can use mouse3 to extend selection.  in `gnome-terminal',
 >> >    it invokes the useless menu (how often do you change preferences, as
 >> >    opposed to doing cut/paste?)  is it possible to make mouse3 extend
 >> >    selection and C-mouse3 or M-mouse3 invoke menu?
 >>
 >> I never liked xterm's assignments of the three mouse buttons.  I value
 >> gnome-terminal's use of the third mouse button for menues, since I
 >> like to be frugal with desktop real-estate.  I.e. I don't use the
 >> menubar.  I also like launching new terminals from the right mouse
 >> button of a gnome-terminal.
 >>
 >> Perhaps the developers could instead add a menu option to extend mouse
 >> selection to the right-mouse menu?

at least there must be a way to extend the selection, and it cannot go
through the menu (obviously).

what about a preferences option:
mouse3 -> extend selection
M-mouse-3 -> menu

or

mouse-3 -> menu
M-mouse-3 -> extend selection

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.goems.com/~sds) running RedHat5.2 GNU/Linux
Micros**t is not the answer.  Micros**t is a question, and the answer is Linux,