GMC Memory Consumption Problem :((((

Today I was fewling around with GMC and noticed the lack of a decent Icon
selection.  So i threw about 200 nice new ones in the /gnome/share/pixmaps/mc/
directory and the parent pixmaps directory as well. But when i go to select a
new icon for a desktop link, this is where memory consumption begins.
Each time i try selecting a new icon for a desktop link, the memory consumtion
of gmc grows and grows :(((

Here is my current status with gmc

  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT  LIB %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
  782 Amadeus    1   0 24488  15M  3752 S       0  0.0 25.5   0:43 gmc

Let me try selecting a new icon three times, each time i cancel and start over.

  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT  LIB %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
  782 Amadeus    1   0 29440  20M  3756 S       0  0.0 33.4   0:52 gmc

:(( Those pretty thumbnails of the icons in the icon selection window are
really sinking the ship.

I have about 1 megs worth of icons in each of /gnome/share/pixmap and
/gnome/share/pixmap/mc ,, mostly the same icons, very redundant. Also, many of
the icons are .tif format as well.

Also, is there a way to change the default icon for file types in gmc ? If so,
could someone be polite enough to tell me where i would go about configuring
this ... ;) thanx

E-Mail: mozart@windsor.igs.net
Date: 29-Mar-99
Time: 18:39:04