Re: gmc & cursors

I would not go as far as to say that a static 2-pane view is perfect.  With
a windowing system you can have N-pane view with panes being different of a
different size & shape.  Making it a lot after Explorer is a bit dull, but
seems to be quite a universal metaphor at the time (after all it is not
exactly Explorer look: xfm was very close, Macintosh folders operate
similary).

SymLinks are a nightmare, but I think (unless I dreamed it up) I managed
once to create a link.  I cannot remember now what was a I doing for that,
it was more like a surprize.  In general there is a lot to work on for gmc
(and GNOME) to make DND work as seamlessly as in other (even in _that_ one
:)) OS'es.