Re: Desktop context menus and icons should be Gnome intrinsic, not tied to gmc.

> > Implementing the functionality in this way would lower the barrier to entry for
> > Gnome newbies who are migrating from Windoze.
>
> I do not understand why your proposal would lower the barrier.

It would lower the barrier because folks who use Windoze see the "File Manager" as an
application, not a component of the operating system that provides generalized
services.
Therefore, it is likely that they will either not launch the program or not leave it
running,
thus disabling part of Gnome's UI that facilitate's a Windoze-like experience.
One less-than-ideal temporary workaround would be to integrate gmc into gnome-session

such that closing File Manager leaves the other UI elements operational.  Another
option would be to remove exiting as an menu option from the gmc menubar.  This would
make it a persistent application that always appears on the desktop (ala Windoze).
I'm not thrilled with this notion, but it might work as a hack.

    Miles