Re: An Audiograbber type thing.

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 04:01:33PM +0000, Simon Jefford was heard to say:
> I've had an idea for a potential program for GNOME, possible if it turns
> out to be any good as part of the gnome-media package.
>
> I've put the idea up on my website at
> http://www.jeffords.freeserve.co.uk/
>
> Let me know if you have any ideas, think that the idea sucks, etc....
>
> Cheers
> --
> Simon Jefford

  I suggest you look at the program 'grip'..from a quick scan of your site it
looks like it does what you want.  Not Gnomeified but that shouldn't be
hard to do (although I don't really see any advantage in this case from
Gnomifying it..)

  Maybe some fooling around with CORBA (as the way to activate a ripper or
encoder) would work but I don't know enough about CORBA..

  Daniel

--
  Fate always wins...at least, when people stick to the rules.

             -- Terry Pratchett, _Interesting Times_