Re: Archive : Problem running Gnome

Cyril TRIPIER wrote:

> >Sounds like what happened when I ran GNOME without a Window Manager
> >
> >If that is so
> >1. exec gnome-session
> >in the Xclients works
> >2. i think you can run a windowmanager before or after (not sure)
> >
> >Gnome looks good without a windowmanager though ??
>
> Thanks for your reply
>
> I think you're right    but i have a window manager which is activated in
> the control panel (enlightenment)
> But (always a strange thing) i cannot execute the Enlightenment
> configuration program (e-conf)   and i don't know why
> I think gnome execute himself the window manager you want to use !

ok with me I had GNOME set the WM to E (the default) but I was running
WindowMaker (I did not follow instructions) I removed the line for
WindowMaker and I had no WM.

Unfortunately I cannot recall, but I think it had something to do with
the file used or the command used

Now it works with exec gnome-session in .Xclients <with no .xinitrc>
gnome selects the WM and everything