Gnome Terminal wont exit

Hi

I have installed the Gnome RPMS from RedHat Labs on a RedHat 5.2 Intel
system and they work much better then the previus releases that I
tried. I have one small problem though.

When I type "exit" in a terminal the terminal isn't destroyed it just
sits there. You can kill it by using the window manager
(Enlightenment). This haoppens for Gnome Terminal and RXVT
etc. However it only happens if I start Gnome from GDM, if I use run
level 3 and run startx with just gnome-session in .xinitrc it all
works fine. Any ideas people ?

Pat