Re: wmmail and session management

>  Yes I am aware of this.  I am currently working on just such a window
>  manager, and it is a messy way of doing stuff - the window manager has to
>  make a list of windows and their sizes as shutdown (so we have essentially
>  two copies of the session) and then as the windows popup it has to try and
>  match up the windows with its own list and position them accordingly.
>  Fun.  Does E get this right?  WM doesn't.

This is not messy, since only the window manager knows how to
position/reparent windows the right way.  And the session information
is not duplicated.  Applications save their state, which does not
entail window positions.  The window manager saves the window
positions or whatever information it needs to place them where they
were.

  Federico