Re: Applet_Config created from where?

I hadn't looked into the problem as far as I should have.  If you take a
look at the Appliet_Config file you posted, it has absoulte paths for the
.desktop files.  You could try modifying them to point to some system wide
directory where you would put them.  So basically change the
/home/default/.gnome/panel.d/default/... in your config files to some
other directory, and move the .desktop files for the default panel config
there.

Currently there is not much support for the type of system wide
configuration, so some aspects may not be as easy to do as they should.
It should improve in later versions of gnome.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Brock Freeman wrote:

> OK, this kind of worked.  First I copied just Applet_Config from the default
> account I had set up into /etc/gnome/config/panel.d/default.  It did get rid
> of the main menu like I wanted and added a logout applet button.  However,
> the rest of the apps, such as Netscape, etc, did copy over.  What's strange
> is that the swallowed apps did appear fine.  What is in /etc/gnome doesn't
> get copied over exactly.
>
> So here is what is in /etc/gnome/config/panel.d/default
>
> Applet_1.desktop   Applet_3.desktop  Applet_5.desktop  Applet_Config
> Applet_10.desktop  Applet_3_Extern   Applet_6.desktop  panel
> Applet_11.desktop  Applet_4.desktop  Applet_6_Extern
> Applet_2.desktop   Applet_4_Extern   Applet_7_Extern
>
> And Applet_Config looks like this:
[snip]