Re: using true type fonts

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 01:24:20AM +0200, Ronald de Man was heard to say:
> On Tue, May 11, 1999 at 11:36:53PM +0200, Markus Teich wrote:
> > hi all
> > i ve got a question i saw a screenshot where someone used true tyep fonts in gnome and gtk applications
> > i installed the true type font server and some tt fonts and set all up i can
> > already select the fonts in the gimp and the gnome font selector
> > but in the gnome control panel i can only select TIMES as a custom fonts and not the ones installed by myself like final frontier and some other
> > how ist it possible to use them?
>
> It works for me. Maybe you should restart the Control Center and try
> again (it will probably not pick up the new fonts while it's running).
>
> Ronald

  Yes, it should pick the new ones up.  But the ThinIce theme engine, at least,
does not seem to honor fonts (I was perplexed for a long period of time as to
the reason for the option since it didn't do anything, and then I happened to
switch themes a few days ago..)

  Are there any non-broken theme engines around?  The Win95 and metal ones are
ugly, the Pixmap theme makes apps crash, and now this... *sigh*

 [ I know, I know, there are other ones.. ]

  Daniel

--
  Whoever created the human body left in a fairly basic design flaw.  It has a
tendency to bend at the knees.

             -- Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_