Re: running a launcher

On Mon, May 24, 1999 at 09:48:01AM -0400, Brian M Dial wrote:

Hello Brian,

> I was wondering if anyone (i know several people probably have) has
> setup to launch quake2 from the gnome panel.  Normally from an Eterm I
> can do
>
> /usr/local/games/quake2/quake2 +set vid_ref softx
>
> and it'll run fine.  However, if I make a launcher in the panel to run
> that it fails.  I even tried making a launcher to run Eterm -e
> /usr/local/games/etc....
> but that fails as well, flashing an eterm up for a second and then

you could try the option -iconic or -i for Eterm...

> dying.  Is it something in the way the panel launcher code wraps around
> commands that's keeping this from working?

an example (just digged from archive) from a local Windowmaker-user
for Quake I :

#! /bin/bash
cd /usr/games/quake
xterm -e ./quake.x11
exit 0

--
- greetings, Albert -
Linux!  Guerrilla UNIX Development     Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus.