notification etc etc etc

Greetings Fellow gnome users, Dedicated and Worthy Coders alike ;-)

recently there has been some talk of an event/notification system.. and maybe this post is in the same scope of ideas. Recently i've been using the Mail Check applet with the gnome panel. I love the animated graphics that come with it (The Spinning E is my favourite next to the dancing tux :) This feature is just a very small *instance* in the realm of event notification. But one feature that would really be handy would be able to _Right_ click on the applet and have a list of email address of the most recent messages that have arrived, and be able to click on any of those addresses and bring up that particular message....  anybody up to the task of coding this .. id like to contribute but my coding is like last nights spaghetti dinner :)