Re: Screen capture of Gnumeric w. open menus

On Wed, May 26, 1999 at 03:15:03PM +0000, Anders S. Johansen wrote:

hi Anders,

> I'm writing a GNOME review for a danish computer mag, and Iød like to
> show GNUmeric with a menu pulled down. How do I do this w. xv or
> Electric Eye?

Gimp can do that (if you're not having some fancy game around making
movements, in that case xv can be used).

Give Gimp some seconds to wait before autograbbing the whole screen, and
just pull down the menu before the autograbbing, after that crop the image
at the size you like to have.

I usually save to .tif with Gimp, and then let xv turn it into .gif,
although I would prefer to use .jpg, but it seems that Gimp has some
problems with transforming to .jpg, or is it already time to upgrade ?

That's a question I'm pondering about lately, I'm using Gnome 1.0.3 on my
Redhat 5.2, (I ordered a RH 6.0 cd from a cheapbytes-reseller), can I just
move to some more recent Gnome-version without breaking too much other stuff ?

--
- greetings, Albert -
-- I doubt, therefore I might be.