Re: Gnumeric/Guile/Python

The python sandbox model can do that as well.

You have complete control over modules that the script can import (even
giving the script a `fake' module object that could check function calls
down to the argument level before allowing it to proceed).  This way, you
could for instance prevent the script from importing the socket module
(ie. no networking allowed), or check calls to the file open function to
see if they are allowed to read/write a particular file.

You can get as fine grained security as you want with this setup.  Still,
I agree that this type of thing should wait until we can assess possible
problems.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au