MC FTP problem

Wierd problem.

I was trying to take advantage of Gnome Midnight
Commander's FTP capability. So far, no sucess.

I can type in: ftp://localhost and I can get to
myself. However, if I type in something like
ftp://ftp.redhat.com and it stays in the same
directory, i.e. /home/rilindo

The funny thing is that it was working before, and I
have no clue on what I did. I did turn off NFS
services on machine as well as httpd, because I don't
need it. (this is just a standalone machine, with
Dial-up PPP).

Any clues? I am using a stock Redhat 6.0 install.

 - Rilindo

===