Re: Anyone figured out why gtop (October GNOME) is crashing on exit?

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 12:51:15PM -0500 or thereabouts, Raul Acevedo wrote:
> Andrew Post wrote:
>  > Ever since I upgraded my video card, and hence could use pixmap themes
>  > without too much of a performance hit, gtop has been crashing on
>  > exit. Gtop also crashes when you click "OK" or "Apply" in the Properties
>  > dialog box.  This behavior does not occur when I'm using a theme that
>  > doesn't use the pixmap engine.
>
> GTop doesn't crash for me when I exit, only when I change something and
> click "Ok" or "Apply" in Properties.  (Yes, I filled out two of those dozen
> bug reports.)

Wow, what a lot of good bug-reporters we are. (Yes, I did another :)
And I boggled at the number of people who all seemed to have discovered
the same bug on the same day :))

I have the same behaviour as Andrew: I can't crash it by quitting,
but I can with Properties -- but only after I've altered some. I
altered the "MDI" settings in attempts to find out what they do,
got some extra windows popping up, killed the extra ones and tried
to return to the original "notepad" choice in that. Bang.

>From the gdb results (which I can _not_ interpret, but luckily, I
know someone who can), it seems nothing to do with pixmaps for me,
but something to do with trying to close windows that I have already
killed. Which is reasonable, given that I've killed windows every
time I've done this.

I don't run gtk themes, or at least I don't think I do: I use windowmaker
and the themes from that. (Which I assume are not gtk-related.) I
also don't get core files.

One day I shall contribute a fix as well as a bug report. Honest.
Um. Well. I can live in hope.

Telsa