Re: undefined symbol in slashapp

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999 Robert.Lopez@abq.sc.philips.com wrote:

> I am trying to build Gnome (gnome-core-1.0.9)

Please get a newer version (1.0.54 is the latest, 1.0.9 is ancient).

http://www.gnome.org/start/ is a good place to start... :)

> and up to now I have been able to fix my situation; normally go build
> another tool or rebuild with a newer version. Here I do not know what
> this means:
>
> Undefined			first referenced
>  symbol  			    in file
> ghttp_set_uri                       slashapp.o
> ghttp_get_body                      slashapp.o
> ghttp_prepare                       slashapp.o
> ghttp_request_destroy               slashapp.o
> ghttp_process                       slashapp.o
> ghttp_request_new                   slashapp.o
> ghttp_get_body_len                  slashapp.o
> http_hdr_Connection                 slashapp.o
> ghttp_set_proxy                     slashapp.o
> ghttp_set_header                    slashapp.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/slash_applet
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> checking for ghttp_request_new in -lghttp... (cached) no

It is trying to build slashapp and use libghttp when it shouldn't. Very
strange - it'd be best to try this with the current version.

-- Elliot
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.