Re: SSH on gnome-terminal 1.0.41 doesn't work

Hi,
	I am replying to a message in the archive...

> When using ssh from a gnome terminal:
> kevins-linux.atkinson.inet: compress incoming: raw data 38, compressed 47, factor 1.24
> Command terminated on signal 1.
>
> When using from an X-term:
> Ssh also works when I telnet to localhost from a gnome-terminal but DOES
> NOT work when I rlogin to a localhost.
> Kevin Atkinson
> kevinatk@home.com

	I just had a simmilar experience on Solaris7 with CDE1.3, and
there it turned out to be a problem with the terminal speed setting
in the environment where I start ssh.  If the speed is 0 there, you
get a HUP signal when sshd uses that to set the tty properties for your
new shell.  The last [sending HUP on `stty 0'] is according to standard
unix behaviour, the first [tty speed being 0] is not...

So, maybe gnome-terminal is handling the terminal properties in an
unexpected way....

--
Matthijs Melchior                                       Maarssen  /\\