Re: libguide - [Fwd: Returned mail: User unknown]

Tom Gilbert wrote:

Good advice snipped
> If you use your own SMTP server or proxy server, check its
> documentation for an SMTP Gateway or Smart-Host setting, then set this

Just in case anyone else has trouble sending email to freeserve accounts,
my mistake was leaving the Smart Host entry in my /etc/sendmail.cf as null.
Once I set it to my SMTP server, all was well.

Sorry to take up so much list bandwidth with my flounderings.

Regards, Dermot