Re: writers

sorr all...i assumed everyone knew what i was speaking of.

TechRecpublic (www.techrepublic.com) is about to hire me on a editor in
chief of the Alternative OS tab.  My primary focus for this is going to be
Linux and i want the Gnome developement team to have a place for their
voice.  what i'm looking for is mid to highly technical papers on various
aspects of the Gnome environment.  i'd like to have articles on
developement (the process, the tools), the future of Gnome, the
possiblities of Gnome...the like.  i would certainly also like papers on
Linux developement in general...words on Gtk or CORBA or what have you.

i'd prefere these articles to be in-depth and technical in nature.  you
can take a very particular aspect (a very focused topic) and crank out a
solid worth-while 2500 word paper and you could find yourself 500.00
richer!

techrepublic goes so far as signing contracts with writers who want to be
regular submitters.  (i've made my living from this for the last year or
so.).

if you want to be a regular contributer or even an ir-regular submitter,
send me a sample (to jlwallen@iglou.com) and i'll go over it and let you
know.

ps:  send the docs in either .doc or .txt format.  although i use Star
Office, Applixware, and Word Perfect...the rest of TR uses Word so they
need .doc format ;-).

if anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me.

thanks