Re: [Fwd: Sound broke on my system after 1.0.40]

Daniel Weber <DWEBER1@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>Additional info:
>- warning dialog on gnome startup saying "unable to connect to sound
>daemon, restart .. .etc".
>- esd is running
>
>[weberd@dweber weberd]$ ps aux | grep esd
>weberd    1068  0.0  0.3  1768  884 ?        S    Oct02   0:13 esd
>-terminate -n
>
>- fuser reports no connection to /dev/dsp
>- sounds work correctly
>- sound monitor reports no connection to esd
>
>RPM's installed:
>esound-devel-0.2.14-1
>rhsound-1.8-1
>esound-0.2.14-1
>sound-monitor-0.7.0-2

Sound monitor 0.7.0 has a bug that shows up when used with newer versions of
esound (it fails to connect to esound because it tries to use host="").

Version 0.7.1 should fix this, available here:

http://gqview.netpedia.net/rest-smon.html

Only source is available, I do not create RPMs for the applet.

-John
--
John Ellis <johne@bellatlantic.net>
http://gqview.netpedia.net