Re: Zvt doesn't display S-Lang colors (for mutt)

On Sat, Oct 09, 1999 at 04:00:05AM +0200 or thereabouts, Tomas Ogren wrote:
> On 09 October, 1999 - Tomasz K?oczko sent me these 1,9K bytes:
> > $ TERM=xterm tput colors
> > $ TERM=xterm-color tput colors
>
> S-lang also looks at $COLORTERM .. if set, it assumes a color capable
> terminal.

In trying to solve different weirdness with mutt and gnome-terminal
and colours and slang some time ago, I found another variable that
needed setting, too:

	[hobbit@aloss ~]$ printenv
	(deletia)
	COLORTERM=gnome-terminal
	(deletia)
	COLORFGBG=default;default

Setting the COLORFGBG one made the difference for me.

(The different weirdness was that I wasn't keen on Mutt's colours and
wanted them gone, but when I did that, mutt started up and set the
foreground and background colours to something I really disliked.
Adding that variable made it use whatever I had set in the gnome-terminal
preferences, which is what I wanted.)

There are a number of suggestions in the Mutt FAQ for problems
with colours, most of which seem to occur when it's been linked
against slang instead of ncurses. :)

Telsa