new gnome and netscape

Hello all,

Please let me know if this is not the proper place to ask this question.

I downloaded the new gnome October yesterday.  It runs great -- my login
problem has been fixed by the update.

Problem is, now netscape-communicator (4.7) won't run.  It just hangs
there when I start it. I have installed it repeatedly via .tgz and rpm
to no avail.

Once (and only once), I let it just sit there for about 10 minutes and
it came up with the error that "Netscape cannot find the webite:
bghttp".  bghttp is definately not in my netscape preferences.

Is this possibly a problem with Gnome (or my installation thereof)?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Mike Mikkelsen
mikk@microbsys.com
Micro Business Systems
http://www.microbsys.com
Fresno Linux Users Group
http://linux.fresno.ca.us

    Linux:  The OS people choose without $200,000,000 of persuasion