Re: new gnome and netscape

On 15-Oct-99 Michael Stearne wrote:
> That's what I have been doing (Uvh), but I wanted to make sure this was the
> cleanest way. I guess I'm too used to windows leaving miscellaneous files
> from
> older versions of software.

        RPM will do that, too, if you've modified config files. You might
want to look around for files with extensions like "*.rpmsave". These were
copies made of the old config files that were made when you upgraded. I'm
not sure how much attention GNOME RPMs pay to these things, but it's
at least theoretically possible that one of those RPMs replaced a good
configuration file with one that doesn't work on your system because of
some special requirement, etc. If you don't see any "*.rpmsave" files in
either $prefix/share/gnome, $prefix/share/control-center, or
$prefix/etc/gdm, that's probably not the problem. Use the 'file' utility
to search for files with that extension in those directories.

Date: 15-Oct-99  Time: 15:32:04

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor