Adding apps to the panel

Hi folks,
now that everything´s working, I still have one problem: As mentioned in
an earlier mail, I cannot add any applets to my panel. When I rightclick
my panel and select ADD APPLET > UTILITIES > GNOME-PAGER (or anything
else) nothing happens. I would at least like to be able to run a pager
in my panel. But something must be wrong.

Anybody who has (or had) a similar problem is welcome to give me some
suggestions what I should do. Also people who have installed
October-Gnome on a SuSE 6.x system without this problem (or with an idea
how to solve it) are welcome.

Again, thank´s for all the help all of you´ve given me to make my GNOME
work. This is now really the last problem I have and I´m pretty sure
that we´ll also find a solution for this one ;-)

Greetings,
Nils