Re: Problems with sound under October Gnome

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Sean Murphy wrote:

> My problem is that I only get sound for certain actions under Gnome.
> For example, clicking the arrows that show/hide the panel makes the
> 'panel slide' noise.  However, clicking the 'Application minimize'
> button on a window, nuking a window, selecting an item in the foot menu,
> all make no sound.

Window operations such as minimize and close are handled by the window
manager.

The cause of the lack of sounds from gtk events (such as button click,
menu item select, etc.) was found yesterday, and the fix is in CVS. We
probably will do new releases of libs/core in about a week or so - it's
not high priority but needs to be done.

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.