Re: Nasty surprise. Who is the culprit? [Reply]

On 25-Oct-99 Elliot Lee, Dan Hensley, Alan Shutko, Preben Randhol,
             Alan Shutko and others replied to my email:

> Look in the control-center.

Thank you all very much for reacting.

At approximately 02.00 in the morning I was much too tired and
irritated to discover this (and I had actually looked in the
control-center a couple of times but completely missed the
`CD properties' entry!).
But I should have waited till I could calmly explore and not have
dashed off the email this morning.

However I still think that something should have been included
in the docs or readme's about this `innovation'.
And the only info about magicdev (short of looking in the source)
is the not very usable result of "magicdev --help".

Furthermore I can only completely remove this innovation by
un-chekking "Automatically mount CD when inserted".

If I just try to modify the behavior by checking or un-checking
either of: "Automatically start auto-run program on newly mounted CD"
or "Open file manager window for newly mounted CD"
it does not stick! (as others have mentioned).

So something does not seem to be quite right.

Alexander