Re: GNome slow on Linux Mandrake

Preben Randhol wrote:

> "Michael" <mikejuni@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> | Hi all,
> |
> | I would like to collect the statistics of whom who runs GNome on Linux
> | Mandrake distribution, and
> | how many of them have slow startup problems. If you are using GNome on Linux
> | Mandrake and found that
> | GNome starts slowly, please tell me. Also, does anyone knows how to fix it?
>
> Why don't you use something else than Mandrake? Mandrake is just
> RedHat with KDE. My experience is that they are more interested in KDE
> than Gnome.

You're wrong.
Mandrake isn't just "Red Hat with KDE".
Mandrake is very active in terms of GPL'ed software development,
kernel hacking, and bugs-patching  in existing software... (including  gnome).

Saying such things without the necessary knowledge is nothing but stupidity.

--
                  -- Yoann,  http://www.security-addict.org
        It is well known that M$ products don't call free() after a malloc().