Re: Swallowing WindowMaker Apps

----- Original Message -----
From: Nicholas Pappas <nick@rightstep.org>
To: <gnome-list@gnome.org>; Ben FrantzDale <frantb@rpi.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 1999 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: Swallowing WindowMaker Apps

> > Enlightenment likes the windows it manages, and it does not want to let
the
> > panel swallow them. (this has been discussed before. Raster doesn't
think
> > it's the way to do it. He has strong oppinions :-)
>
> What are his "strong opinions"?
> That Gnome shouldn't swollow the Dock Apps, or that Dock Apps just
> should not exist (in the fashion that WindowMaker has them)?

My understanding is that he thinks window managers should manage windows and
that the panel should not. (don't quote me, though :-)

> > On the other hand, Enlightenment should be able to swallow your WM dock
> > apps.
>
> Is Enlightenment able to swollow them (or rather a program that
> holds them) as a group?  It's really annoying having 4 floating Dock Apps
> on my screen. :)

In theory E can. I think it doesn't work on all dock apps. With E0.16 you
can group them so that window actions on one happen on all of them...
look at eesh to see how to set where E's dock thinks it is and in what
direction it's going. (eesh should be in .../enlightnement/bin/eesh  run it
then type help)

--Ben