Re: run dialog

 * "Ben FrantzDale" <frantb@rpi.edu> wrote:
 > In windows, the "run" dialog (IMHO) is the most usefull "program". There's
 > no quicker way to do many things than win+r (for example, to browse the C
 > drive, it's just win+r, c:, enter. same thing for a web site (though it
 > needs a leading http:// or www for it to see that it's a url)  also email is
 > just mailto:user@domain.com you get the idea.

Both kwm and Window Maker have such dialogs built in.

 > bash commands could open a shell and execute the commands... (eg "ls ~"
 > would be equivilent to running a terminal and typing ls ~)
 > all sorts of cool stuff...  the power of a command line, the ease of use,
 > etc. of a GUI....

Actually it should be an one-line terminal, running a shell, right?
I've always my XTerms set up 15 or less lines high and use to have
plenty of them around. I don't see the point in repeating this in a
special dialog. Faking such a dialog with an ordinary XTerm should be
easy to implement on the WM side.

Actually you need a shortcut to hide and unhide a terminal window. And
a few commands to interface to the GUI.

        Jochem