Re: module viewer

Ali Abdin <ALIABDIN@aucegypt.edu> writes:

| I'm curious, if it works in GTK, why would you want to port it to GNOME?
|
| Not every app is a candidate for GNOME (it'd mean a lot of unnecessary
| bloat by linking to libgnomeui and libgnome and stuff).

I can agree with that.

| The advantage of coding in GTK means more users can use it and it will
| generally be faster.

Why would it be faster?

| -  If there is a specific reason that you need to port
| it to GNOME then do it (i.e. there's something in GNOME that you can't
| find in GTK).

Generally I think perhaps it is to get the feel and behaviour of the
GNOME apps. And also perhaps to take advantage of the extra features
like the canvas (whish that was in GTK too) and printing.

Whether it is needed in this case, I don't know though. (Haven't seen
the app)
--
Preben Randhol                 Affliction is enamoured of thy parts,
[randhol@pvv.org]              And thou art wedded to calamity.