Re: gnome-terminal refuses to log in

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Ian Peters wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 30, 1999 at 06:34:54PM +0100, u07ih@abdn.ac.uk wrote:
> > I have just upgraded to 2.3.24 but I'm using the same kernel options
> > as when it was working (2.3.21).
>
> Check kernel-list archives.  This is reported as a bug in 2.3.24, Alan
> has a patch going into .25.  (Unless I'm hopelessly confused.)

Yep, the limits changed from longs to unsigned longs, and the reporting
functions weren't appropriately fixed.  2.3.25-pre2 has a patch that fixes
the problem.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Katz		http://linuxpower.org
Personal: katzj@linuxpower.org

QOTD:
Space: the final frontier.  These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise.
Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life
and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before.
		-- Captain James T. Kirk