gmc wishlist v1.0

Howdy,
I'm currently running Redhat's 2.2.5-15 kernel with gmc 4.5.30.
I have a more complete list of things I've considered which is
available on request (as it took the form of several essays), but for
now some things that would make my life much nicer w/gnome:
1.Make the [del] key work in gmc
2. Make the right window update whenever a directory is selected in
the left pane of gmc
3.  When you have a symbolic link to a directory on your desktop (to,
say, your home directory), when you double-click that symlink the path
in the titlebar shows as:
/home/justwally/.gnome-desktop/Home Directory.
>From there, any directory you select within gmc simply adds itself to
that path in the titlebar (if this is a repeat, and I'm sure it is,
just beat me with an organic carrot).
4.  In gmc you should be able to press [esc] or [F5] or something to
rescan the current directory.
5.  In gmc it would be nice if pressing a single key, say, the [p] key
would take you to the files starting with "p" in that
directory...scrolling is nice, but I'd rather use the keyboard if I
must suffer through these grafical interfacii.
6.  Why, oh why, can we not simply right-drag an icon somewhere and
choose from a list of actions such as...  "symlink here, copy here,
move here, cancel"?  I know we do not like windose, but some of the
best things in windose came from things like gem on the Atari, etc.
Other wishes...
1.Why must the gnome foot-menu (gnome footmen?  Um, sorry) in the
task/applet bar be so difficult to rearrange?  Why can I not simply
use this grafical interface to drag-and-drop(tm) things into and out
of my menu?  I mean, it is not arranged at all the way I would do
things (no surprises there, I hope).
You folks should know that you are doing great work, and I really do
appreciate it.  Whenever any of you get to Seattle you should give me
a yell so I can buy you a cup of coffee and thank you in person.  I
thank you for your time and efforts.
I apologize if the formatting dies in this message...I'm trying out
the Email client in Star Office 5.1 (not too shabby, but a bit
"different" in some areas).
Best regards,
Wally Wilson - Digital Mystic, USCG-retired, geek since '78
[gem][tos][system
25][ctos][btos][xenix][ms-os2v1.x][linux][dos-win3x-9x-blah]
justwally@yahoo.com  -  "Indecision is the key to flexibility"
what the dog dragged in at... http://members.home.net/yak11/wally