Re: Running GNORPM as root

>Like Tom Gilbert and others have noted, most probably your problem
>is that either root's DISPLAY variable is not set correctly (it
>should be set to :0), or your Xserver is refusing connections from
>localhost. So as rebecca, try
>$ xhost +localhost

And "echo $DISPLAY" to know the correct display.

>$ DISPLAY=:0

That is suposing it is :0 (most of times, but not always, it is correct),
better get the info via echo and then paste (I run in different displays, or
remote, or multiple using Linux Virtual Consoles). Under bash "export
DISPLAY=foobar" also works (I do not know if this is better or the same, I
should reread my Unix book).

GSR