E (cvs) and gnome

I just recently compiled E from CVS and was disturbed by the fact that it
traps all of the mouse clicks on the root window that used to be passed
through to gnome (and gmc in particular).  I read from Raster a while back
that he didn't think that gmc should capture clicks in the root window.
Does anyone know a configuration (compile- or run-time) option that will
allow you to let certain mouse clicks on the root window be captured by an
external program?

Thanks.

----
 Jason A. Pfeil                          pfeil@cs.fsu.edu
 Network Administrator                   jpfeil@oddl.fsu.edu
 Office of Distributed and               (850)644-8014; fax: (850)644-4952
 	Distance Learning                C3500 University Center
 http://idl.fsu.edu                      Tallahassee, FL  32306-2540